“No Two persons ever read the same book.”
Fiction – Non-Fiction – Stage Plays
When you read a great novel, non-fiction book, or stage play, you naturally want to share your thoughts with your friends. A recommendation from a satisfied reader is the best advertising we could possibly ask for. But did you know that your influence can extend far beyond your circle of personal acquaintances? If you enjoyed a book or play by one of our authors, we invite you to share your thoughts by writing a quick review online. Here’s how:
Before you can post a review, you’re required to have an Amazon.com account that has successfully been charged for the purchase of a physical or digital item. Free digital downloads don’t qualify. You don’t need to have purchased the product you’re reviewing. There’s a 48-hour waiting period after your first physical order has been completely shipped, or your digital item has been purchased, before you’ll be able to submit your review. If you’ve purchased a digital gift for someone else, the 48-hour waiting period doesn’t begin until the gift has been redeemed.To submit a review:
- Go to the product detail page for the item on Amazon.com.
- Click Write a customer review in the Customer Reviews section and follow the steps.
- In Share your opinion, select whether you wish to submit a video or written review.
- Write or upload your review.Note: To post a review, you must enter a title and type at least 20 words in the review.
- Click Preview your review to make sure your review appears as intended.
- Click Publish review to submit.
Barnes & Noble.com Review Rules
Our reader reviews allow you to share your comments on titles you liked — or didn’t — with others. By submitting an online review, you are representing to Barnes & Noble.com that all information contained in your review is original and accurate in all respects, and that the submission of such content by you and the posting of such content by Barnes & Noble.com does not and will not violate the rights of any third party. Please follow the rules below to help ensure that your review can be posted.
Please fill out every required field.
Enter the following required information. All other information is optional.
Reviews by Our Customers Under the Age of 13
What to include in your review:
Please focus on the title’s content. Your review will be most helpful to others if you include the reasons why you either liked or disliked the title. Hold your readers’ full attention by limiting your review to 500 words or less.
What to exclude from your review:
Don’t ruin the ending for others, and please do not write about reviews, commentary, or information posted on the title page. If you see any errors in the information on the title page, please send us an email. Reviews should not contain any of the following:
- HTML tags
- Profanity, obscenities, or vulgarities
- Comments that defame anyone
- Time-sensitive information such as tour dates, signings, lectures, etc.
- Single-word reviews. Other people will read your review to discover why you liked or didn’t like the title. Be descriptive.
- Comments focusing on the author
- Comments that may ruin the ending for others
- Phone numbers, addresses, URLs
- Pricing and availability information or alternative ordering information
- Advertisements or commercial solicitation
Titles you also enjoyed:
Please list other titles, related to the one you are reviewing, that you enjoyed and would recommend to others. Titles may be related by author, subject, theme, or topic. This section is limited to 255 characters.
- Your review may be posted on the title page within three business days.
- Barnes & Noble.com reserves the right not to post any review — particularly those that do not follow the terms and conditions of these Rules. Barnes & Noble.com also reserves the right to remove any review at any time without notice.
How do I write a review of a book?
1) Navigate to the book’s page.
2) Underneath the book’s profile picture on the top left, rate the book using the stars.
3) The “want to read” button will automatically be replaced with a “write a review” link. Click that link.
4) Write your review in the review box that will appear and save.
Please note that you have to be a Goodreads member to write a review.